Wednesday, September 6, 2017

IWSG!

Hi Everyone!  

I'm back, and this time I'm intending to stay! 

I haven't written for quite a while. It was really no accident, it wasn't that I didn't have the time or that anything in particular happened. Honestly, I wasn't sure I wanted to. Not that I didn't want to write at all.  I love writing. But I wasn't sure I wanted to add to the mess that is social/mass media these days. I didn't want any part of it. I felt like I'd lost my voice, intentionally. I pretty much stopped interacting on any social media except for Facebook to tell people happy birthday or "like" the pics of their kids or dogs.

I felt like we're all so caught up with image and what everyone else is doing and saying and who's against whom and I felt like somehow even though my posts are predominantly positive, I was just contributing the problem, the noise. It's not the first time I've struggled with the thought of "who am I to have anything of interest/importance to say that hasn't already been said?"

But I've finally decided that being silent isn't an option either. I am who I am and I'm a positive, caring person in real life.  I go out everyday thinking, "If I can at least make one person smile, or give a little bit of joy, support, or encouragement today in the real world, I'm happy.  If I can be a good role model to my kids and students and help them grow, I'm happy."

That's why I started this blog in the first place in 2010...because I imagined that I could have a positive impact. And maybe just maybe, I can, by being me. By being here. Maybe each day, I can make one person smile, or laugh, or feel encouraged or inspired by the words I write, that would make me happy.      


Please join us at the IWSG! We post on the first Wednesday each month. We post about our fears, insecurities, but also our successes and most of all we encourage each other to continue on the long journey of writing. The IWSG was all started by Alex J. Cavanaugh, and has grown to include numerous helpers who do so much!  Thanks to all of you!  This month the hosts are:  Tyrean Martinson, Tara Tyler, Raimey Gallant, Beverly Stowe McClure.


Hope you're have a lovely day! 

Kathy :)    

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to return. There's enough hate and prejudice swirling around social media, the more positive voices we have, the better. Of course you can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick- thanks so much! It feels good to be back and yes, we need to stick together in our positivity and spread love and joy around the world! :)

      Delete
  2. You always make me smile, so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm smiling, so you can dust off your shoulders; a job well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back. I don't always want to bee present either on social media, but hope that I'm making a positive contribution too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I guess saying nothing says something as well, so we might as well show our positivity to the world, even though especially in the IWSG, I think we may just be preaching to the choir. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Kathy! Welcome back! I loved your post today! Hearing/reading the posts of a positive caring person is never social media noise to me! Happy writing in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fundy Blue thanks so much! I'm happy I decided to come back!

      Delete